Wildlands teaches a variety of courses, including: wildlife tracks and signs identification, acoustic bat monitoring, bird song and call identification, and auditory frog call identification.
• Works with conservation groups in providing expert biological opinion on land use issues throughout Florida.
• Implements environmental education and outreach programs with local communities and schools.
• Conducts studies focusing on public knowledge, attitudes and behavior about wildlife and resource management in Florida.
• Works with communities and local governments to provide a linkage between the science community, the public and the decision makers.
• Speaks to civic organizations, school groups, university classes on topics that include, but are not limited to: wildlife, long-term environmental planning, land management, careers in conservation biology, county conservation planning, and strategic areas for conservation.