Conservation Planning Experience
Wildlands Conservation staff works in all facets of conservation planning ranging from large scale planning initiatives to community-based guidance and public outreach. Our work includes:
- Working with local conservation groups in providing expert biological opinion on land use issues throughout Florida.
- Wildlife Corridor Planning in southwest/south-central Florida.
- Identifying target acquisition and protection areas for state and county governments.
- Acting as a liaison between government entities, landowners and the public on conservation related issues.
- Stakeholder analysis and coordination.
- Coordinating successful campaign efforts to initiate environmental land acquisition programs and funding. Our staff has spearheaded and led the community education and outreach campaigns, formed Political Action Committees and worked with various interest groups to pass successful referenda.
- Designing county land acquisition programs.
- Assisting in the development of county ordinances relating to land use and conservation issues, including habitat protection, listed species, and land acquisition and management programs.
Current and Recent Conservation Planning Projects
- Coordinating the FWC Cooperative Conservation Blueprint Southwest Regional Pilot Project.
- Polk County Habitat Conservation Plan.
- Assisting the Southwest Florida Water Management District in their Project Boundary Review
- Review of Developments of Regional Impact (DRI) for the Central Florida Regional Planning Council.